Trowbridge Museum is situated in the Shires Shopping Centre, on the 2nd floor of Home Mills. For easy parking, use the car park next to Asda, which is accessed from Bythesea Road, and use the Shires Shopping Centre entrance close to ASDA. Head straight to Boswell’s Cafe, take the left fork and you will find the museum on your left.
The museum is a 5 minute walk from Trowbridge Train Station
The museum is fully accessible – click here for more info
- Event and meeting space for hire
- Exhibition space for hire
- Picnic facilities for visitors
- Toilets and baby changing facilities
Weave through 1000 years of history:
- Family activities and events
- The development of the wollen industry through our collection of textile machinery, including one of only 5 Spinning Jennies in the world
- Trowbridge’s significance in the West of England wollen cloth industry
- The social and cultural history of the people of Trowbridge including poet George Crabbe and the inventor of Phonographic Shorthand Sir Isaac Pitman
- Spitfire production in World War II
- Innovative special exhibitions
Other significant and interesting collections include – the Aplin collection, Lansdown Collection, the Morrison Collection and the Taylor Collection. These and all our other collections can be viewed by the public – please get in touch using the contact form.