Events and Activities
Saturday 10 October: Weaving and Recycling
This workshop will take place in the Shires Shopping Centre next to Boswell’s Cafe
Join Elisa Amor and learn how to weave on simple looms made out of recycled material. Elisa will show you how to weave on milk containers, cardboard looms and also how to create a Native American inspired decoration for your garden. Suitable for ages 5+. Drop in 11am to 1pm
Saturday 17 October: Weaving with Willow, £2
Try your hand at weaving with willow working, using simple techniques. Make yourself a beautiful sculpture using Somerset Willow. Ages 8+. Drop in 10.30am to 3.30pm
Saturday 24 October: The Big Weave Day
11am to 3pm
Join us for the Big Weave Day at Trowbridge Museum! This is a fantastic opportunity to see a huge variety of looms and weaving in action under one roof. Whether you would like to learn to weave, try different looms or just want a fun day out for all the family, our weavers are happy to share their experience and give advice. There will be demonstrations of: Upright warp weighted loom, 2 shaft floor loom, 4 shaft table loom, rigid heddle loom, inkle loom, peg loom + back strap, tablet card, card board and stick weaving
Autumn Half Term – here’s a little taster of what’s happening in October (subject to change)
- Thu 22nd Oct – Autumn Collages – ages 4+, usual times and tickets
- Fri 23rd Oct – Rugby WC t shirt screen printing – £3 per child – tickets on the day, sessions at 10.00, 11.15, 1.15 & 2.30
- Tue 27th Oct – Autumn Leaf Mobiles – ages 5+, usual times and tickets
- Wed 28th Oct – Autumn Tiles – embossing into clay tiles, family event in the Sensory Garden. Drop in 10.30 to 3.30. Volunteer support required.
- Thu 29th Oct – spooky silhouettes, ages 3+, usual times and tickets
- Fri 30th Oct – Pumpkin Carving, drop in 10.15 – 12.30 and 1.30 – 3.45, ages 5+ – bring a pumpkin.
- Sat 31st Oct – trick or treat In the shires – assuming the Shires are repeating this.
Game of Barons – New exhibition on Magna Carta and life in Medieval Trowbridge is now open!
Find the mice! The famous museum mice have spread onto the website – can you find them all? When you’ve found them award yourself a special Mouse Certificate.