Events and Activities
Saturday 17 October: Weaving with Willow, £2
Try your hand at weaving with willow working, using simple techniques. Make yourself a beautiful sculpture using Somerset Willow. Ages 8+. Drop in 10.30am to 3.30pm
Saturday 24 October: The Big Weave Day
11am to 3pm
Join us for the Big Weave Day at Trowbridge Museum! This is a fantastic opportunity to see a huge variety of looms and weaving in action under one roof. Whether you would like to learn to weave, try different looms or just want a fun day out for all the family, our weavers are happy to share their experience and give advice. There will be demonstrations of: Upright warp weighted loom, 2 shaft floor loom, 4 shaft table loom, rigid heddle loom, inkle loom, peg loom + back strap, tablet card, card board and stick weaving
Autumn Half Term – here’s a little taster of what’s happening in October (subject to change)
- Thu 22nd Oct – Autumn Collages – ages 4+, usual times and tickets
- Fri 23rd Oct – Rugby WC t shirt screen printing – £3 per child – tickets on the day, sessions at 10.00, 11.15, 1.15 & 2.30
- Tue 27th Oct – Autumn Leaf Mobiles – ages 5+, usual times and tickets
- Wed 28th Oct – Autumn Tiles – embossing into clay tiles, family event in the Sensory Garden. Drop in 10.30 to 3.30. Volunteer support required.
- Thu 29th Oct – spooky silhouettes, ages 3+, usual times and tickets
- Fri 30th Oct – Pumpkin Carving, drop in 10.15 – 12.30 and 1.30 – 3.45, ages 5+ – bring a pumpkin.
- Sat 31st Oct – trick or treat In the shires – assuming the Shires are repeating this.
Game of Barons – New exhibition on Magna Carta and life in Medieval Trowbridge is now open!
Find the mice! The famous museum mice have spread onto the website – can you find them all? When you’ve found them award yourself a special Mouse Certificate.